ASMTA Conference 2015
Arizona State Music Teachers Association Conference
May 28-30, 2015
Wigwam Arizona Resort & Spa
Featured Concert Artist
West Valley Youth Orchestra
Director: Claire Gordon
Gala Banquet Performers
Yamaha Music Education System
The Wigwam Arizona Resort & Spa is an Arizona landmark and Historic Hotel of America beloved by generations since 1929. Wigwam guests may enjoy newly renovated luxury casitas and suites, a variety of award-winning restaurants and a full array of recreational amenities including the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, pools and Jacuzzi, fitness center, water slides, golf courses, tennis, bocce, and more.
Overview & Highlights
Member and non-member music business owners, teachers and administrators who work independently or in a public or charter school setting are welcome to attend the 2015 ASMTA Conference, where they may enjoy a variety of workshops, presentations, exhibits, and performances.
The conference will include jazz improvisation workshops and a benefit concert for the MTNA Foundation presented by our featured artist, jazz pianist Jeremy Siskind. Hisco-sponsors are Hal Leonard and Yamaha Corporation of America. The West Valley Youth Orchestra will perform at the Gala Banquet under the direction of ASMTA member Claire Gordon. Mike Morrell, Yamaha Music Education System manager will speak on "The Evolution of Music Teaching."
ASMTA/PMTA Historian Gail Chang will share highlights of information gleaned from her work in organizing a large volume of PMTA and ASMTA historical files, including ASMTA scrapbooks that she discovered were donated many years ago to the Arizona State University library. Gail will memorialize the contributions of Nadine Dreskell. Nadine served as president of ASMTA and MTNA. She and her husband were ASU professors, and Nadine authored a history of ASMTA.
Arizona attorney Suzanne Dallimore will present information about federal and state antitrust laws that protect consumers and related concerns and practical advice for independent music teachers and schools in Arizona.
- January 1, 2015: Deadline for Exhibitor, Presenter applications
- January 8, 2015: Accepted events announced
- January 15, 2015: Early bird registration open
- March 31, 2015: Deadline for early bird registration
- April 28, 2015: Deadline for 1) pre-registration, and 2) book hotel reservations for conference room rate of $99.00 per night
- April 31, 2015: Deadline for honors recital application
- May 1, 2015: Deadline for Conference Booklet Ad
- May 10, 2015: Deadline for honors recital video
- May 31, 2015: Honors recital final round of auditioning (morning) and final winners' recital (afternoon)